I was sitting here debating over whether it was possible. Could I actually win the “SEO pros are about to take over” competition? I mean, I’m nowhere near as fly as Chase Reiner is. So I’m having a hard time trying to figure out if I’m wasting my time here or not. But the truth is….screw it. I’ll give it a shot!
The SEO Challenge
The challenge was set forth by Chase Reiner in his private Facebook group on April 3rd at 4:14PM (I assume Pacific Standard Time) to see which SEO Professional would actually be able to take over and hold the top spot for 24 hours for the phrase “SEO Pros Are About To Take Over”.
Can someone actually write a post just for rankings and outrank the competitors. Even so, does that make you more of an SEO professional than another? I get the feeling that this is just the first of many challenges to come from Chase.
There are many SEO professionals who will say that using backlinks is the way to go. That there is no other way to outrank another site. But I beg to differ. There are indeed many ways to rank a website.
How To Outrank The Competition
There are several different ways that have been mentioned in the past by SEO mastermind, Chase Reiner. But I will give you the highlights from his video and then you can decide.
- Permalinks and URL Optimization /blog/%category%/%postname%/
- Image Compression (Smush) https://tinypng.com/
- Redirects (EPS Redirects)
- Hosting (Siteground)
- Domain Name
- Caching plugin (WP Fastest Cache)
- Screaming Frog Crawl for auditing
- Google Analytics (SOGO Add Script to Individual Pages Header Footer)
- Search Console
- Image File Names and Alt Tags
- Schema Markup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl65_…) and https://search.google.com/structured-…
- Links and Anchor Text
- Following Content Related Averages content related layout
- Heading Tag Optimization (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL2yU…)
- Setup Sitemaps Correctly (HTML too) Simple Wp Sitemap
- Duplicate Content and Crawl Rate Optimization http://siteliner.com/
- CDN https://www.cloudflare.com/
- Respond to comments and encourage UGC
- Content Clusters and Brand Recognition
- Get Rid Of Old Junk
- Social Data (OG Data)
- CTR Optimization
- Responsive Theme
- Fix broken links
- Setup conversion tracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlxOg…
- Look at bounce rates
- Reoptimize and Relaunch content
- Setup SSL and Redirect to Preferred Version of your website
- Use Search Console To Index Site Quickly and Get Out Of Sandbox
- If site is local, build citations. Local Citation Builder (White Spark)
- Do competitor keyword research with AHREFS
- Understand the difference between supplementary content and main content
- Understand what page rank is
- Load times under 2.5 seconds (gtmetrix)
- Optimize content according to words averages
- Optimize KD based off current authority
- Create free lead magnets and add into posts
- Make sure CTA’s are above the fold
- Stay away from PBN’s and buying links (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtiJ1…)
- Follow people who know what they are doing: Brian Dean Bill Slawski Barry Shwartz Rand Fishkin Alan Bleiwess Yoast Blog Chase Reiner (this is unbiased of course)
- Repurpose content and spend your time doing what you are useful at
- Social Signal Hacks
- Brand Searches and Building Authority
- Skyscraper Technique
- Use Q and A sites for audience building
- Create Separate Controllable Assets
- Use Google Sheets With Conditional Formatting
If you’d like to learn more from Chase or his video about how to become an SEO pro, I’ve added it to this post below.
If you want to be an SEO Pro that takes over then you need to follow Chase Reiner and his practices, which are typically found to be known as best in breed in the SEO community.